Thursday, October 28, 2010

HDR chic (cheek), and all that jazz


Was surprised and pleased to find a comment from a good Flickr buddy on this blog, so early into its infancy. Vedd Edd is a not so rare animal these days, he's an HDR aficionado, but more than that, he's avid, an HDR connoiseur, teacher and expert, and d*mn good with his imagery. His work has consistently been of an amazingly high quality, it is highly popular and he's now in demand for his photographic workshops.

In light of his "finding" me here (and I know how that happened), I thought I'd post a couple of my own early HDR's. Above is nothing more than an early morning sojourn into the shrimp farms at the mouth of the Chao Phaya river, Bangkok's "River of Kings".

The below two images are from a sunrise taken at Wat Phai Wong Rua, a temple on the way to Suphanburi, and which houses a 26 metre high seated white Buddha image "Phra Putthakhodom". They were shot just as the sun come up, shining across a field with hundreds of small Buddhas.



Please do head on over to Vedd's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I remember those old HDR days ;-) I haven't shot any in ages, although I keep meaning too. It's been an honour to be able to say I hooked up with Vedd way back in the beginning when we were both using old Canon S3's. Enjoy your day Grant, off to bed on this side of the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I don't deserve that Grant! I'm still am learning as much as possible :D

    Anyway, I think the word "Canon", "HDR" and "DRI" have lead me into finding great photogs/enthusiasts and more importantly friends like you, Scott, Daniel, Rajesh and a lot more! And I draw inspirations from you guys :-)

    I do hope we are able to have a flickr meet up between us one day :-)

    Have a great weekend bud!

    ReplyDelete